Monday 22 July 2013

The colour Blue

Last weekend my sister stayed over with the 4 kids. That was hectic as I'm not used to having the kids around me for two whole days and an evening.
We tried to do some fun things with them in Amsterdam.
Sorting the pictures out, I found out that I had a lot of perceptions with the colour blue in it.


We walked to the local thrift store where I bought some vintage china for my vintage high tea next week. As we walked I was struck by the awesome colours of the outfits of my sister and one of my nieces. Photographing people you know is so much easier for me than shooting strangers.


Emily likes the little water fountains where citizens can quench their thirst.


During a Friday evening walk through the park we saw the young storks on their nest. The moon was already coming up.


In a cute vintage shop (All the luck in the world) I saw these lovely medicine cabinets.


The girls wanted to see famous people and expensive shops, so on Saturday afternoon we went to the P.C. Hooftstraat. They were excited about the cool clothes, but found it all very expensive and the people snubbish.
Obviously this picture is not about Miksang as we posed for it, but I did have a flash of perception of the reflections and the blue lettering. It was quite disorienting.


The sight of this old Volkswagen brought back old memories. We used to have a white one, long time ago, when I was a kid.

Sunday some more family came over and we all went to the Vondelpark to stay in the shade. There was a smal pool for the little ones and they loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...