Monday 21 October 2013

Carrot pulp muffins

Every now and then I make myself a lovely fresh juice, like this carrot juice I posted last week. I don't have a slow juicer and the with a regular juicer a lot of pulp is left over. What to do with that? A while ago I found a recipe here for muffins with left over pulp. Thank you Groene Meisjes (Green girls)!

I did it a little differently than the way they described it: I used wheat flour (also a left over) in stead of oat flakes.

It was really easy and done in no time. They taste nice and sweet and I eat them as a morning snack at work.

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup of oat flakes
1 cup carrot pulp
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable milk (i.e. rice milk)
1/4 cup agave sirop
1/4 cup raisons

The Green Girls spun the oat flakes in a blender until it became flour. I just used plain flour.
Mix in a one bowl the dry ingredients, in another bowl the wet ingredients. Add together and add the raisins. Put the muffins in the oven (180 degrees Celsuis) for 20 minutes or until they're done. Let them cool off and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...