Friday 21 March 2014

A swap: vintage buttons, part II

AND THE WINNER IS...
Sadly, there is no winner to last week's swap. There is no winner because no one responded. I don't know whether that was because the prize was vintage buttons, or that I don't attract much of a crowd yet. Anyways, I am much about trial and error in this blogging business and that is just fine.
I gave my cards of vintage buttons to a very dear friend of mine who was very happy to receive them. She showed me her vintage buttons: I do remember we bought these cards together at the same occasion, I just couldn't remember when and where. She informed me that we bought them a couple of years ago at one of the Queen's Days here in Amsterdam.

Below are her cards:
vintage buttons: gentleman's shirt

vintage buttons: gentleman's shirt
As her buttons are a lot smaller than mine, we think that they were meant for gentleman's shirts. Numbers are scribbled on the front and back of the cards, but their meaning is lost to us.
My friend is going to hang them up the wall together with my cards in her vintage styled working room. She makes the most fantastic costumes and these buttons on the wall might inspire her even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...