Monday 10 March 2014

A swap: vintage buttons

And now for something completely different: a swap. I've gone through my apartment and decided a while ago I have too much stuff. I went to the local thrift store a few times and brought a few bags of things I hardly ever use and could very well live without.
But, I thought it would be nice to have a little interaction with my audience and to propose a swap. What I offer is three cards with vintage buttons. The cards are 28,5 x 19 cm (11.3 x 7.5 inch) each and show a different selection of buttons from the fifties or sixties. I can easily imagine that they were on display in a haberdashery shop or that a salesman showed them door to door.
a swap: fifties or sixties: black vintage buttons
1. Black vintage buttons

a swap: fifties or sixties; green, red and black buttons
2. Green, red and black vintage buttons

a swap: fifties or sixties vintage colored buttons and buckles
3. Vintage colored buttons and buckles
I really like these vintage buttons, they are very pretty and by themselves a piece of graphic art. When I bought them, I had the idea to frame them and put them up the wall. I never came round to do that.
What I would like in return? A small hand painted or -drawn painting or sketch done by yourself, an (graphic) art or photo print or maybe a vintage tea towel, anything that you fancy by viewing my blog. Please send me an e-mail which of three cards you like best to: roelevelddanielle at gmail dot com (preferably within Europe as I live in the Netherlands and shipping cost might be expensive overseas). I will post next week who are the lucky winners!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...