Wednesday 4 June 2014

Poppy

A few months ago I joined Marianne Hope for her mobile photography workshop in Haarlem (read about it over here). Since then I fooled around with a few apps (mostly Instagram, Snapseed and PicTapGo). Marianne is very active on Instagram too and I really appreciate her photography about simplicity: a single flower, a few beach houses or a couple of poppies. Yesterday, I went over to a small field filled with wild flowers to see if I could make a picture like hers: a single poppy against a white background.
unedited poppy
The image above is one of the pictures I took, unedited in any way. I opened the image in Snapseed to crop it so that all the other flowers and the buildings were removed and only the flower and long stem remained. After that I turned up the brightness by about 95 so that the sky became white and colour of the poppy popped. Below is what came out of those two actions. Simple but stunning, I was so excited!
edited poppy
I use it as a wallpaper for my iPod Touch. It makes me smile everytime I look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...