Friday 2 October 2015

Series on transitoriness

funghi on tree stump
Today was the first (out of six) intermediate photography class at Fotogram, Amsterdam. The intermediate class is about working towards a photo series of about 5-8 photographs with any theme that comes to your mind. This is purely conceptual photography, because it involves a lot of thinking, talking, judging, cropping and altering. It does not involve contemplative photography but that will be my starting point.
puddle and autumn leaves
We had a week to come up with the first photographs of our series and in that week I was away with my new lover K., we escaped to the countryside for a few days to spend some time together. My theme had to be something that I could shoot over there as well as in the city where I live. Since it is Autumn, my second favorite season, I choose the theme transitoriness: Autumn and Winter have that in abundance.
branches in water and dried up leaves
I selected 14 photographs, showed them in class this morning and these 7 were picked out that I could start working with either as a whole picture or in a cropped version (1st and last photograph), with higher saturation (photo above left) or higher density (photo below).
leaves in a pond
As the weather was gorgeous today I immediately went out to the park this afternoon to shoot some more decay and mortality. 
red leaves on a branch
I will keep you posted on my progress. Presentation of our series is on 9 January, 2016.

1 comment:

  1. dit zijn toch weer heel goed geziene foto's my dear.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...